Alkyd resins are produced in the reaction of polycondensation from the phthalic acid anhydride, vegetable oils and multi-hydroxy-alcohols with additives at the presence of the catalysts in a solution. Depending on the length, method of polymerization process realization and used components they have various properties.
Alkyd resins are ones of the most often used synthetic resins in the paints and varnishes industry.
They are intended as the main component or one of ancillary components for manufacture of paints or lacquers for general applications, most often they are used for products intended for painting of wood and metal, especially for:
- priming paints,
- topcoat enamels,
- polyvinyl enamels,
- chlorinated rubber enamels,
- nitrocellulose lacquers and enamels,
- chemically curing paints.
Properties of alkyd resins
- Very good film-forming properties.
- Good adhesion of the paint products manufactured with their use to most materials used in the building industry: metal, wood and wood-based materials, cement plasters, cement-lime plasters, gypsum, gypsum cardboards and even to stone, concrete and other such materials;
- Resistance to external factors, and especially to UV radiation, precipitations, also within the relatively broad temperature range.
Alkyd resin modified with linseed oil, copolymerized with styrene. Supplied as a 60% solution in xylene.
PlastKYD LSt591X60 resin is used for the production of quick-drying paints, enamels and varnishes for industrial purposes, metal and wooden surfaces.
A phthalic (alkyd) resin modified with vegetable oil fatty acids, copolymerized with styrene, supplied as a 60% solution in xylene.
PlastKYD LSt591X60 is used for the production of quick-drying paints, enamels and varnishes for industrial purposes, metal and wooden surfaces.
Urethane resin intended for the production of anti-corrosion coatings, corrosion-resistant paints with good adhesion to iron and light metals.
Urethane resin used for industrial coatings on metal surfaces for quick-drying varnishes. Used for paints with high corrosion resistance with good adhesion to iron and light metals.
Unsaturated polyester resin. Intended as a binder for the production of bathroom accessories: bathtubs, washbasins, etc.
Polyester resin intended for the production of adhesives used for anchors in the mining industry.
Polyester resin intended as a binder for castings, in particular garden figurines. The resin is characterized by good strength and processing parameters.